Alarm setting?

Reinhold Kainhofer reinhold at kainhofer.com
Fri Sep 17 18:42:09 CEST 2004

I just read the kolab spec once again, and it seems that the alarm settings
are very poor in the current version in cvs. All there is is one simple
integer for specifying an alarm.
Currently, korganizer already supports executing an application, and playing a
sound in addition to a simple reminder dialog.

However, I'm currently planning to extend korganizer to support multiple
alarms, with possible settings for an alarm:
-) type: reminder dialog (msg given by user), sound, application/script, maybe
email (but that would require having a daemon running even when not logged
in, so it's probably outside of korganizer's scop).
-) repeating alarms
-) Alarms also counted from the end of an incidence (or the start of a todo).

Cheers,
Reinhold