RFC: Splitting the UID concept of tasks and events

Steffen Hansen steffen at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Fri Oct 29 02:38:14 CEST 2004

On Thursday 28 October 2004 12:34, Bo Thorsen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just checked a patch into the KDE client that changes the UID
> concept a bit for tasks and events (aka incidences).
[...]
> - The automatic scheduling code in the server needs to have the same
> changes - save SID on accepting invitations and searching for SID on
> updates.

What does this do to the kolab xml format? Right now we have the UID in
the Subject: of the mail used for storage -- that makes it much faster
for me to search for a particular event. Can we agree on a header or
something for the SID? Like

regards
--
Steffen Hansen          |       Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB
Senior Software Engineer|       http://www.klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se