Distribution lists

Joon Radley joon at radleys.co.za
Sat Oct 16 07:01:20 CEST 2004

Hi David,

The UID's in Outlook is a relative UID to a message store. It is not unique
across multiple message stores. Therefore it cannot be used as UID for this
object.

The whole resolution in Outlook is based on the fact that an email address
and display name is the UID for the contact. To support some arbitrary UID
will be an absolute nightmare for me.

Could we please just focus on why a display name and email address cannot be
used as the UID before we consider a generated UID.

Best regards

Joon Radley
Radley Network Technologies CC
Cell: +27 (0)83 368 8557