"Last action" fields

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Oct 8 16:35:58 CEST 2004

On Thursday 07 October 2004 17:28, David Faure wrote:
> On Thursday 07 October 2004 15:08, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> > We do not have last-action in the specs yet,

> I'm fine with adding it and ignoring it in Kontact, but that's probably not
> what we want for full interoperability.
>
> The real question is whether we need to change korganizer's invitation
> handling or not. But I don't know enough about korganizer's invitation
> handling AND about Outlook's invitation handling to provide any useful
> input.

So we need more input from Joon here?
Actually from my occasional testing it seems that Outlook
works much better than KOrganizerin this regard.
So do you need a description of what outlook does?

> > I was immedeately thinking about doing the last action per recipient,
> > but it well might be that this modelling is enough.
>
> This is even more detailed, more than Joon requested, so I'm guessing
> Outlook (or the connector) can't do that?

Yes, but I don't know.

> > > The question is, obviously: do we need to generate such a number when
> > > the first invitation is sent from kontact?
> > > Does anyone know if (and where) this number is used in iTIP?
> >
> > No idea, maybe you can ask someone at kolab-devel and kdepim
> > if they know more?
>
> Asking a question about outlook's owner-appointment-id on kdepim?

Well there are probably more iTIP experts on there...
This is about learning what we need for groupware, so I wouldn't
mind asking if iTIP has something like this.

> Doesn't look like the right place to me.

The decision is up to you of course.
I only wanted to say the the question might go beyond this format list. ;)

> I'm not on kolab-devel at the moment; should I be? (we really have too many
> lists...)

Yes, you should.