a default inbox annotation

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Wed Oct 6 10:52:46 CEST 2004

Am Mittwoch, 6. Oktober 2004 10:39 schrieb David Faure:

Hi David,

> > > Any client is then free to use whatever protocol (pop3s or
> > > IMAP) to download new messages but the messages then end up in the
> > > same folder finally.
>
> Which one? The IMAP INBOX or the kolab inbox?

By design any retrieval of new messages from the imap server is done from the
IMAP INBOX .

I want the destination of the messages after retrieval to be differen from the
IMAP INBOX. This Kolab Inbox is then defined using an IMAP annotation. The
folder name of this inbox can be arbitrary.

> Wouldn't this look *very* weird for the user? Two inboxes?

No, it would mean hiding the IMAP INBOX and only show the Kolab Inbox.
Actually the current behavior is really confusing for many people as folder
cannot be next to the IMAP INBOX but must be children of the IMAP INBOX. This
problem only gets detected and synchronization time not are creation time.

The Kolab Inbox would be next to all other top level folders of the account.

> In any case I assume you're talking about letting the server-side
> account-creation create that other inbox

No.

> , so it wouldn't really need any
> change on the client side, it would be just another imap folder that
> appears when syncing from the server. So I'm not opposed, if intevation
> agrees with how it will look like to the user...

This is not what I am considering.

Regards,
-- martin

President next year."