a default inbox annotation

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Wed Oct 6 08:27:53 CEST 2004

Hi,

as far as I understand the Toltec Connector uses POP3 to obtain the incoming
mails not directly IMAP. I assume that this is due to the fact that this
allows to use the MAPI transport provider which then also allows to use the
ical parser etc.

This leads to some minor problems when working with Kontact and Toltec on the
same account as the effective inbox is different.

In some way this leads to confusions with mail status flags (new/read...) and
to duplicated mail.

I therefore propose the we define _independent_ of the IMAP INBOX a default
Kolab inbox. The description shall happen using an IMAP annotation like
mail.default.

Any client is then free to use whatever protocol (pop3s or IMAP) to download
new messages but the messages then end up in the same folder finally.

What do you think?

Yours,
-- martin

President next year."