Timezone needed?

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Wed Jun 30 21:57:40 CEST 2004

Am Mittwoch, 30. Juni 2004 11:02 schrieb Stephan Buys:

Hi guys,

> Nope, localtime is not supported, that would be an error. The client _has
> to_ translate all times into UTC and designate it as such.

I hereby give up :-(

It seems that you are simply ignoring the use cases I presented to you
multiple times.

For now it would be enough to simply make the UTC timezone explicit but not
implicit.

This allows in case you later agree with me to add support for local timezone
in a compatible fashion.

Can we at least agree upon making the UTC timezone explicit in the date
format?

Yours,
-- martin

Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold

e r f r a k o n
Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de