More storage format remarks

Bo Thorsen bo at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Wed Jun 16 10:13:13 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 16 June 2004 09:33, David Faure wrote:
> On Wednesday 16 June 2004 00:50, Martin Konold wrote:
> > Am Dienstag, 15. Juni 2004 20:21 schrieb David Faure:
> >
> > Hi David,
> >
> > > Chapter 6: under the xml, it says "in a contact, the body is the
> > > note". Which note? Copy-n-paste error, or does this mean some
> > > random text associated with the contact?
> >
> > IIRC Bo meant to "abuse" the body of the rfc822 email to store the
> > note. IMHO this is not a good idea though.
>
> No, no. This is about a <contact>, and I believe "body" refers to the

So what I was trying to say was that we store the free text in the <body>
tag.

Perhaps this is a bad idea. We could move the <body> tag away from being
common to all the five formats to only being in note, event, task, and
journal. And add a <note> tag to contacts instead.

Otherwise, I could write a better text for this:

A contact has a field for free text for it. This is usually called a note
on the contact. This note is stored in the <body> tag.

Bo.

     Klarälvdalens Datakonsult  |   Denmark