Summing up, Kolab-Header

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Jul 20 12:54:39 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 13 July 2004 10:49, Bo Thorsen wrote:
> I want to have a summary
> of what's been discussed/decided over the last days.

Last friday I talked to Bo on the phone.
We agreed to summarize again.
Bo probably did not get the mail out then,
so let me do it:

> Joon has requested a special header:
Or a similiar header.

Advantages:
   - It makes things easier for Joon
  in some cases (no consensus on how relevant the cases are)
  because it avoid double parsing

Disadvantages:
  - doubling of information
  - the fear that this might set an example leading to
    less desireable design using imap header searches often

Bo and I think that the advantages are higher and recommend
adding this to the spec. Joon already agreed on the list,
Martin also agreed in personal communication.
There was also no resistance from Stephan or Stuart.

David: As you have been editing the specs before:
Could you add the header as a requirement, if it is not in there yet.