Events without time information

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Jul 20 10:11:25 CEST 2004

On Monday 19 July 2004 21:27, Martin Konold wrote:
> Am Montag, 19. Juli 2004 14:56 schrieb David Faure:

> > Kontact supports events which have a start date and an end date but
> > without time associated to it. The event is called "floating" (it is
> > associated to entire days).

I never found that very useful, btw.
Several times I stepped in the problem that I wanted
a full day event and it marked in the fb list.
But those "floating events" are more like day bound tasks.
Thus I have the tendency to omit them for now.

> Just for completeness you may simply put the event in the current format
> omitting the explicit timezone. The interpretation shall then be "local
> timezone" and cover 0:00-24:00 in the local timezone on this day
> effectivly.

From the three possibilities with timezones
that are mentioned in the iCalendar RFC
I find the localtime (without any time zone information)
to be the least useful.

There is still the question how to handle the second
case with explizit timezone. Talked to Bo and he told
me that Korganizer currently is quite buggy in that regard,
to the event will jump.
Until that is resolved, I also think that we can omit the
possibility without any timezone information.

Bernhard