Note by Toltec

Joon Radley joon at radleys.co.za
Wed Jul 14 05:51:18 CEST 2004

Hi David,

> On Tuesday 13 July 2004 21:35, Martin Konold wrote:
> > > I don't see what's wrong with defining it as "us-ascii", since we
> > > know it's the set that won't give problems.
> >
> > US-ASCII also contains stuff like bell, backspace....
>
> Of course I mean printable us-ascii. 32 to 255.

%d33 / %d35-91 / %d93-126 These are the visible characters excluding '\' and
double quote, as both characters have a special meanings even in an
unstructured header. If we include any other characters we must allow quoted
encoding of the header.

Best Regards

Joon Radley
Radley Network Technologies CC