Note by Toltec

Joon Radley joon at radleys.co.za
Wed Jul 14 05:51:18 CEST 2004

Hi David,

> The validation script (see
> doc/kolab-formats/validation/kolablint) says that it's still
> <Note> instead of <note>, and Version instead of version.
> After fixing those two things, the XML validates.

Changed.

I understood the tags to be case insensitive. Are all tags now case
sensitive?

> > > <Body>Kolab Test Note
> > > </Body>
> > > This looks like \r\n, where the \r got escaped... I don't
> remember
> > > off-hand but I suppose the XML standard says a newline is enough,
> > > i.e. the &#13 shouldn't be there?
> >
> > The XML library encodes the carriage return. This is present in the
> > body of the note.
>
> I have no doubt about that. I was just wondering if this was
> going to lead to windows<->unix compatibility problems (e.g.
> a strange square might appear on unix for this \r character).
> There are two ways to deal with that:
> 1) making the reader code on both sides robust (ignoring \r
> on unix and adding them on windows)
> 2) defining how the XML should be, e.g. no \r in the XML.
>
> Hmm, given that I can't hack base64-encoded data to fix the
> title-case tags, I can't test how the KDE notes program
> reacts to this note, so I don't know if this is a real problem yet.

I think that the XML libraries via the XML standard already makes provision
for this. We will soon find out when we start testing.

Would you like a new note with the lower case tags to test the \r issue?

Best Regards

Joon Radley
Radley Network Technologies CC
Cell: +27 (0)83 368 8557