Event UID in the Subject?

Bo Thorsen bo at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Tue Jul 13 17:59:37 CEST 2004

I have two counter arguments (already given on the phone).

- there are possible optimizations in having the UID in subject. And
that's even in KMail where we have maps between IMAP UIDs, event UIDs and
mail serial numbers.

- we have to set the subject to something, and setting it to the UID hurts
no more than setting it to something else. Actually it's even cheaper
than what we currently set the subject to.

It's certainly possible to code around 80/90/95% of the cases where this
could be useful. Sometimes even with better result. But that still
doesn't take away the argument.

I still don't see the point in not doing this.

Bo.

     Klarälvdalens Datakonsult  |   Denmark