Extra Header field

Joon Radley joon at radleys.co.za
Tue Jul 13 09:09:34 CEST 2004

Hi Martin,

> > > I am not saying it is a big problem, I am just curious
> about the need.
> > > If we do not need it than I also like to not duplicate
> information.
> >
> > Lets take an example. We have 100 items in the trash
> folder. We assume
> > that
> > 95 of them are RFC2822 messages and 5 are Kolab format
> objects. This
> > should be the ration all over the system.
>
> Why do you need to know the mesage type of individual
> messages in the trash folder or any other folder except the
> groupware folders? (you know the later from the mandatory annotations)
>
> Is this an implemention issue?

A) Yes.
B) If your argument is valid we can remove all type information from the
content-type. Now it can read application/x-vnd.kolab. Now no information is
duplicated.
C) All I am asking for is that the type of the object be projected into the
header of the object for better efficiency. However is seems that this is
rejected because of some undefined principle. Please define this principle
for me.

Regards

Joon Radley
Radley Network Technologies CC