Extra Header field

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Mon Jul 12 18:40:15 CEST 2004

Am Montag, 12. Juli 2004 17:23 schrieb Stuart K. Bingë:

Hi Stuart,

> > No, I don't like this as it puts a lot of load on the server and
> > therefore limits scalabilty.
>
> Excuse me? Please explain how, while searching for a specific message,
> load on the server than a SEARCH & FETCH command sequence?
>
> > Why don't you use the IMAP UID instead?
>
> Because it is not constant across object modification.

Please explain this in more detail. I currently fail to understand why the UID
in the Subject would solve that problem.

Basically in order to have the full information about a calendar you need to
read all messages and you must monitor all new messages. So how can you
"loose" an IMAP UID?

 After all there is no modification in IMAP only new and delete.

Regards,
-- martin

Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold

e r f r a k o n
Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de