Extra Header field

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Mon Jul 12 17:58:14 CEST 2004

Am Montag, 12. Juli 2004 14:40 schrieb Joon Radley:

Hi Joon,

> By making the header optional you will have to parse all messages anyway
> before you can make the final decision, which totally negates the purpose
> of adding the header to the specification in the first place.

I am afraid that this is the source for the confusion.

What I want to say: If the header is there it is "the law". If the header is
missing do the parsing as before.

Doing so does _not_ negate the purpose of the header as it means that if you
want to be efficient simply put the header in the message.

Yours,
-- martin

Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold

e r f r a k o n
Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de