Extra Header field

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Jul 12 16:51:11 CEST 2004

On Monday 12 July 2004 16:40, David Faure wrote:
> On Monday 12 July 2004 16:35, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> > On Thursday 08 July 2004 16:14, Joon Radley wrote:
> > > Could we add a extra header to the mails containing the kolab format?
> > >
> > > This will help me to determine if the message is a kolab format or a
> > > normal mail without parsing the object twice in multipart mime encoded
> > > messages.
> >
> > It seems that everyone understand that remark,
> > can someone explain to me why this is the case?
> > If did not find anything in the format specs that we need to use
> > multi-part emails. Why not just having the mime-type set
> > in the header for the whole email?
>
> Because we want to be able to add attachments (e.g. the photo for a
> contact).

Okay, so we want to go with multi-part/related
and not have the kolab mimetype allow further subparts giving us attachements.

Then I think that having the annotate format indicating being as strong
as possible is good and in rare extra cases (e.g. trash-can recovery)
parsing a message twice seems okay for me. Am I missing something here?