Questions about addresses

Joon Radley joon at radleys.co.za
Sat Jul 10 18:28:18 CEST 2004

Hi David,

> In a contact:
>
> * the XML has room for a "display-name" per email-address. Is
> this something that is needed for e.g. Outlook?
> In KDE we have one name, e.g. "David Faure", and multiple
> email addresses (faure at kde.org,
> dfaure at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se). Does any client support
> the concept of a different full name depending on the smtp-address?

Yes. The contact can have his business email address
"Boss"<boss at big.inc>
And a games address
"Loser"<loser at games.com>

> <country>
>
> This is very U.S-specific and very city-specific (I live in a
> village, not in a city :).
> In KDE we use more politically-correct and universal denominations:
> - locality         [i.e. city or village]
> - region          [e.g. state for the US]
> - postal code
> - country
>
> (There's also post-office-box, and "extended" address
> information, but that will be kde-specific tags I guess)

> and <zip> to <postal-code> ?

No problem. Just a request, keep the "translation" in the spec, so that
people that work with zip know that it is postal-code in the spec, etc.

Best Regards

Joon Radley
Radley Network Technologies CC
Cell: +27 (0)83 368 8557