Questions about addresses

David Faure dfaure at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Fri Jul 9 18:52:31 CEST 2004

In a contact:

* the XML has room for a "display-name" per email-address. Is this something
that is needed for e.g. Outlook?
In KDE we have one name, e.g. "David Faure", and multiple email addresses
(faure at kde.org, dfaure at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se). Does any client support
the concept of a different full name depending on the smtp-address?

* Real-world addresses have fields named
<city>
<state>
<zip>
<country>

This is very U.S-specific and very city-specific (I live in a village, not in a city :).
In KDE we use more politically-correct and universal denominations:
- locality         [i.e. city or village]
- region          [e.g. state for the US]
- postal code
- country

(There's also post-office-box, and "extended" address information, but that
will be kde-specific tags I guess)

David Faure -- faure at kde.org, dfaure at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Qt/KDE/KOffice developer