Attachments

Bo Thorsen bo at sonofthor.dk
Fri Jul 9 13:26:17 CEST 2004

On Thursday 08 July 2004 16:09, Joon Radley wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The specification only provides for attachments with file names. No
> provision is made for inline attachments or attachments without file names.
>
> Should we maybe look at using the Content-ID field of an attachment to
> identify it?

This is more a problem for the attached files than for special purpose
attachments. For the XML file, the attachment mimetype is enough to identify
it, and I guess the same could be the case for the tnef blob.

The problem is when a user attaches some file to an event - then how can we
identify the attachment where it's stored in? In this case we won't have a
mimetype. So instead we just search all attachments for one that matches the
filename.

Is there any reason to use the Content-ID field instead?

Bo.

     Klaralvdalens Datakonsult  |   Denmark