Timezone needed?

Joon Radley joon at radleys.co.za
Thu Jul 1 06:51:56 CEST 2004

Hi Martin,

> > Nope, localtime is not supported, that would be an error.
> The client
> > _has to_ translate all times into UTC and designate it as such.
>
> I hereby give up :-(
>
> It seems that you are simply ignoring the use cases I
> presented to you multiple times.

The only use case I have not discusses with you, both on and off the list,
is traveling in space. :-)

Publish your _detailed_ use cases to the list and I will address each one of
them for you. Vague use cases leads to this kind of misunderstanding, making
you feel that we are ignoring you.

> For now it would be enough to simply make the UTC timezone
> explicit but not implicit.
>
> This allows in case you later agree with me to add support
> for local timezone in a compatible fashion.
>
> Can we at least agree upon making the UTC timezone explicit
> in the date format?

This has already been agreed to. The Z will be added to the date/time
format. Bo has already updated the spec.

Best Regards

Joon Radley
Radley Network Technologies CC
Cell: +27 (0)83 368 8557