[Kolab-devel] New selfcontained packaging for roundcube and guam

Christoph Erhardt christoph.erhardt at sicherha.de
Mon Jun 13 21:49:10 CEST 2022

Hi Jochen,

> On debian 10 I had an error removing roundcubemail (sorry, I'm using a
> german locale):
>
> Entfernen von roundcubemail-core (1:1.4.13-0~kolab2) ...
> /var/lib/dpkg/info/roundcubemail-core.prerm: 11:
> /var/lib/dpkg/info/roundcubemail-core.prerm: reload_apache: not found dpkg:
> Fehler beim Bearbeiten des Paketes roundcubemail-core (--remove):
> »installiertes roundcubemail-core-Skript des Paketes
> pre-removal«-Unterprozess gab den Fehlerwert 127 zurück dpkg:
> roundcubemail-plugin-kolab-notes: Abhängigkeitsprobleme, wird aber wie
> gefordert dennoch entfernt: roundcubemail-plugins-kolab hängt ab von
> roundcubemail-plugin-kolab-notes; aber: Paket
> roundcubemail-plugin-kolab-notes soll entfernt werden.
>
> The error was - I removed the call and proceeded:
> /var/lib/dpkg/info/roundcubemail-core.prerm: 11:
> /var/lib/dpkg/info/roundcubemail-core.prerm: reload_apache: not found
yep, that's exactly what's needed to allow the old `roundcubemail-core`
package to be removed. This is a bug in the package's `prerm` maintainer
script.

Unfortunately, I'm currently out of ideas how to fix this automatically.
Shipping a fixed version of the old `roundcubemail` package won't work,
because `apt` will simply ignore that version, because it is being replaced
with an even newer version anyway...

So, for now, the best solution is this:
edit `/var/lib/dpkg/info/roundcubemail-core.prerm`, comment out the line with
`reload_apache`, then perform the package upgrade.

> After that I sould run »apt --fix-broken install«, but there are some
> missing dependencies:
>
>  chwala : Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-libkolab
>  irony : Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-libcalendaring (>= 3.1.12)
>          Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-libkolab (>= 3.1.12)
>  kolab-syncroton : Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-kolab-folders (>= 3.1.12)
>                    Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-libcalendaring (>= 3.1.12)
>                    Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-libkolab (>= 3.1.12)
>                    Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-kolab-auth (>= 3.1.12)
>  kolab-webclient : Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-contextmenu
>                    Depends: roundcubemail-skin-kolab
>  roundcubemail-core : Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-acl
>                       Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-archive
>                       Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-filesystem-attachments
>                       Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-jqueryui
>                       Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-newmail-notifier
>                       Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-password
>                       Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-redundant-attachments
>                       Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-zipdownload
>                       Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-managesieve
>  roundcubemail-plugin-kolab-auth-proxy : Depends:
> roundcubemail-plugin-kolab-auth roundcubemail-plugin-kolab-delegation :
> Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-kolab-auth Depends:
> roundcubemail-plugin-libkolab roundcubemail-plugin-kolab-sso : Depends:
> roundcubemail-plugin-kolab-auth roundcubemail-plugins-kolab : Depends:
> roundcubemail-plugin-calendar Depends:
> roundcubemail-plugin-kolab-activesync Depends:
> roundcubemail-plugin-kolab-addressbook Depends:
> roundcubemail-plugin-kolab-auth Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-kolab-config
> Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-kolab-files Depends:
> roundcubemail-plugin-kolab-folders Depends:
> roundcubemail-plugin-kolab-notes Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-kolab-tags
> Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-odfviewer Depends:
> roundcubemail-plugin-pdfviewer Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-tasklist
>
> Debian packages can replace/provide package(name)s - may be a solution,
> Or the packages should depend on roundcubemail instead of the
> roundcubemail-plugin-* packages.
Could you try running `apt update` to get the latest package sources? That
particular dependency problem should have been fixed last night with version
1.5.2-0~kolab4.

> PS: Something other happens on my frankenstein webmail with
> kolab/roundcube on Debian 11. I've removed all plugin-packages there and
> left only the plain roundcubemail package (which works ok for
> mail-only). With the new packages I get (not really unexpected - php on
> debian 11 is newer):
>
> root at styx:~# LANG=C apt -s install roundcubemail
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree... Done
> Reading state information... Done
> or been moved out of Incoming.

>  php-kolab : Depends: libkolab2 (>= 2.0~dev20151230-0~kolab18) but it is not
> going to be installed Depends: libcalendaring (>= 4.9.1) but it is not
> going to be installed Depends: phpapi-20180731
>  php-kolabformat : Depends: phpapi-20180731
Not sure what the concrete problem is here, but I would avoid Debian 11 for
now - the removal of Python 2 means that pykolab won't work correctly. There
is some ongoing community work to make pykolab compatible with Python 3, but
it's rather slow-moving because that's not an easy feat at all. The devil is
in the details.

Best,
Christoph