[Kolab-devel] migrating for zend framework?

Mihai Badici mihai at badici.ro
Thu Sep 3 08:05:35 CEST 2020

On 8/31/20 8:40 PM, Aleksander Machniak wrote:

> Preferably the upstream would have to accept the change.
> https://github.com/tine20/syncroton It might be hard for one reason,
> Tine2.0 is using Zend, and the syncroton sql backend (which Kolab does
> not need) is using Zend database abstraction. So, there's more than what
> you listed above.

What I said is there are two types of zend classes: zend_ prefixed and
not zend_ prefixed. The not prefixed zend classes are directly
replaceable with laminas classes, so it's simply replacing "use zend"
with "use laminas". I didn't found other zend prefixed libraries than
the ones I mentioned.   Zend database abstraction was probably imported
in laminas directly.

The main feature I need is the log facility which can be easy replaced
with the rcube log function for us. But I think tine2.0 need to be
independent on roundcube classes.

Anyway, it looks like the best idea is to ask them about the zend
replacement. Since zend is abandoned, they will need to do something...