[Kolab-devel] Kolab and FreeIPA article

Jochen Hein jochen at jochen.org
Thu Oct 11 17:58:57 CEST 2018

Hi,

kvaps <kvapss at gmail.com> writes:

> I still need to receive mail for some service users (not humans), it
> always better to have a way for exclude them from global address book

Hm, yes.  Another way is to use an alias to redirect mal to an admin
list or something like that.  That's what I did before kolab and now do
with kolab aliases.

>> Do we need to replicate the tree cn=kolab,cn=config to IPA replicas?
>
> This tree contains kolab domain namespaces and aliases configuration.
> In my opinion If this configuration static for you, you can just add
> it to all your servers which kolab can connect to.
> In case if you want to have opportunity to manage domains and add
> aliases any time, you probably should configure replication.

Yes, that's what I think is needed.  Since my FreeIPA only has two
servers I'd want to have the tree on all replicas.  And I'd go for
replication instead of copy to have both servers identical.  Other
installation might have other needs and more complex replication
topologies.

Jochen

--
This space is intentionally left blank.