[Kolab-devel] FOSDEM 2017

Georg Greve greve at kolabsystems.com
Thu Feb 16 12:17:05 CET 2017

On Tuesday 14 February 2017 22:21:15 hede wrote:
> first of all: Is it only me who get's some mails from the kolab lists
> with some delay or is this a general problem? Fosdem is over and I've
> got this mail just some minutes ago.

That's annoying, indeed. :-/

> > This year I'll be speaking in the main track about OpenPOWER. See
> > 	https://fosdem.org/2017/schedule/event/open_power/
> > 	https://fosdem.org/2017/interviews/georg-greve/
>
> I've participated in that. Quite deeply interesting.

Excellent, I am happy to hear you found it useful and interesting. :)

> My private server is running on a little ARM board with free firmware
> (u-boot). But for common server hardware ARM is inferior to Intel or
> AMD. Maybe (Open-)Power will make it's way back to the top in that
> regard.

Cool!

> btw: What's the name of the bridge? (the one you used at one of your
> slides, in switzerland / alps AFAIR)

That would be the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trift_Bridge in the Bernese
Oberland. And it is a hike I can only recommend, wonderful tour for a day.

> > and Christian Mollekopf will be talking about the future
> >
> > collaboration client:
> >         https://fosdem.org/2017/schedule/event/desktops_kube_next_generati
> >         on_communication_collaboration_client/
>
> Missed that too.

That is unfortunate, but there should be recordings... so perhaps you can
watch it when those go online.

Best regards,
Georg

--
Georg C. F. Greve
Chief Executive Officer

Kolab Systems AG            Kolab Enterprise
Zürich, Switzerland            Collaborate in Confidence

e: greve at kolabsystems.com
t: +41 78 904 43 33
w: http://kolabsystems.com

pgp: B358917A Georg C. F. Greve