[Kolab-devel] WOPI and CloudSuite

Mihai Badici mihai at badici.ro
Mon Nov 21 19:10:53 CET 2016

On Monday 21 November 2016 10:09:00 Aaron Seigo wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Since last month, Alec and I (though, mostly Alec) have been working on
> a basic implementation of the Web Application Open Platform Interface
> (WOPI) protocol[1]
>
> You can see the repository here:
>
>     https://git.kolab.org/diffusion/WOPI/
>
> The project workboard is here:
>
>     https://git.kolab.org/project/view/195/
>
> Why did we go and implement WOPI? Our goal was not actually Office 365
> integration ;) .. though that could be an interesting side effect with a
> bit more work on implementing the rest of the API endpoints .. the real
> goal was getting Collaboar's CloudSuite integrated with Kolab.

And how about the file storage support? Did you choose a platform for it?
It was owncloud, then seafile, because using only chwala on IMAP don't look
scalable and flexible enough. I tried for a little setup owncloud using webdav
access, looks nice; owncloud has an odf editor plugin  but i dont like it. So
the ability to use Collabora will be great.