[Kolab-devel] WOPI and CloudSuite

Aaron Seigo aseigo at mykolab.com
Mon Nov 21 10:09:00 CET 2016

Hello all,

Since last month, Alec and I (though, mostly Alec) have been working on
a basic implementation of the Web Application Open Platform Interface
(WOPI) protocol[1]

You can see the repository here:

    https://git.kolab.org/diffusion/WOPI/

The project workboard is here:

    https://git.kolab.org/project/view/195/

Why did we go and implement WOPI? Our goal was not actually Office 365
integration ;) .. though that could be an interesting side effect with a
bit more work on implementing the rest of the API endpoints .. the real
goal was getting Collaboar's CloudSuite integrated with Kolab.

And we have managed just that! :)

You can see a bunch of screenshots here showing it in action:

   https://exote.ch/~aseigo/cloudsuite/

As you can see this features great integration with Roundcube's Files.
There are quite a few more possibilities to realize here. Both this
feature set and CloudSuite are new, but what is there works and works
very well.

The version of CloudSuite in use has not yet had an official / public
release, though that will happen quite soon. As soon as Collabora
releases CloudSuite 2.0, you can go and start playing with it as well.

As always, contributions are welcome. We will begin working on
documentation once we have a packaged version of it ready to go.
Currently you need to "build from source", but it's pretty simple: clone
the git repo, change the ports in app.config if you want / point it to
your ssl certs, then run `mix do deps.get, run --no-halt`.

This requires a very up-to-date version of the Kolab Roundcube plugins
as well.

Feedback very welcome, and if you're wondering, yes .. we want to bring
this packaged-up-with-a-bow to those with Kolab subscriptions running
the upcoming 16.1, and to include it as part of 17.0.

[1] https://wopirest.readthedocs.io/en/latest/

--
Aaron Seigo