[Kolab-devel] guam patchset

Jeroen van Meeuwen vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Thu Jul 7 18:25:08 CEST 2016

On Sat, 2016-07-02 at 10:14 +0200, hede wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Why does debian.series has its own patchset with
> Kolab:Winterfell/guam?
>
> There are separated patches for guam.spec with meaningful file names
> but there seems to be only a single patch inside debian.series which
> includes (most of) the rpm patches!?

Hi hede,

I've actually obtained your work from your home project branch to get
me going relatively quickly, on getting -syslog, -lager_syslog, -eimap
and other packages to build for Debian 8.0.

The reason you had been seeing a debian-concat type of patch is because
the build process in the OBS does not allow us to apply two patches
patching the same file.

By the time I need to ship patch number 13, you can only imagine my
frustration with this particular build system constraint -- not a
debian constraint, not a dpkg constraint, but a constraint nonetheless
-- and so I "concat" all patches in to one single flat one to
circumvent such constraint.

By now though, you should be seeing a single "relax-dependency" patch,
both applied for RPM and DEB packaging.

--
Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--
Senior Solutions Architect, Kolab Systems AG

e: vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
m: +41 79 951 9003
w:
https://kolabsystems.com