[Kolab-devel] Kolab 16

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at mykolab.com
Mon Feb 1 10:38:56 CET 2016

Hello everyone!

As I mentioned in my last emil, we released packages for Kolab 16 this past
weekend at FOSDEM.

This is both a release for the community as well as for our Enterprise
offerings. Yes, no more Community Edition, as that is not necessary. The most
important thing for the community is that all of our release efforts can now
go in one direction.

We plan on releasing one major release per year, with possible interim updates
throughout the year. We will be focused on high quality releases that are
dependable and reliable. This will make it easier to provide support for all
Kolab users and ensure that we are all working on the same set of software.

We will be coordinating and hosting a meeting on irc where we wish to prepare
our release and devel plans for the next months (and beyond), to which
everyone is welcome to attend and participate. I'll post a doodle tomorrow (I
am currently sitting in an airport in Brussels ...)

I will also be writing a blog entry this week in which I will share Kolab
Systems' thinking around this release strategy, and in particular how it will
affect and improve things for our partners and other Kolab vendors.

Cheers!

--
Aaron Seigo