[Kolab-devel] Kolab on Ubuntu 16.04: swig with support for PHP7

Javier Torres javitonino at gmail.com
Sun Dec 25 01:22:57 CET 2016

Hi!

I have been playing around with the newest SWIG and PHP7 and I'm happy to
report that it works without issue to me. I just had to update the
libkolabxml CMakeLists.txt to pass `-php7` to swig (instead of `-php`) and
recompile libkolabxml PHP bindings. After that I switched Apache to PHP7
and everything keeps working, but in PHP7. I tested the webadmin, chwala
and all roundcube modules, and I detected no issues.

All of the tests were performed in Arch Linux, using the AUR packages for
Kolab. I already updated them to use PHP7 using swig from git master (
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/php-kolabformat/).

Happy to help if anyone wants to try it as well,

Best,
Javier