[Kolab-devel] kolab and dovecot on ubuntu 14.04 LTS

Mihai Badici mihai at badici.ro
Thu Oct 22 16:39:38 CEST 2015

On Thursday 22 October 2015 11:53:10 Pietro Vassalli wrote:

Hi Mihai,
I've been working on it all night/day: can you please pastebin your:
dpkg --list
and provide me which debian version are you using? Jessie or wheezy?
Thank you for everything by now... :)

As i said , I don't use the full kolab package.
I have few servers running slackware, but this one is debian and is used
for a little hosting business so it is running for a while. It's debian wheezy.

My advice was not to install the package but just look at the config :)
The installer is a little buggy and it has some tricks ( my goal was to create
a "normal" mailserver first, using openldap+postfix+dovecot , because this
can be done with standard packages ( this step is not so version
dependent, just installing packages and populate ldap) The second step is
to enable kolab services; this is a little tricky because it is distribution and
version dependent. I use only libkolabxml and roundcube plugins, plus
kolab-syncroton and chwala from the kolab project. This is the basic part.
The kolab schema is more complex and i prefer to have a lightweight
project even loosing some functionalities.
But if you install kolab, you need only to adjust dovecot ldap queries and
you can use  my config as starting point.

root at mail:~# dpkg --list|grep libko
ii  libkolabxml0                          0.8.4-5                            amd64        Kolab
XML format (shared library)
root at mail:~# dpkg --list|grep libko
ii  libkolabxml0                          0.8.4-5                            amd64        Kolab
XML format (shared library)
root at mail:~# dpkg --list|grep dove
ii  dovecot-core                          2:2.2.16-1~auto+56                 amd64
secure POP3/IMAP server - core files
ii  dovecot-dev                           2:2.2.19-1~auto+17                 amd64
secure POP3/IMAP server - header files
ii  dovecot-imapd                         2:2.2.16-1~auto+56                 amd64
secure POP3/IMAP server - IMAP daemon
ii  dovecot-ldap                          2:2.2.16-1~auto+56                 amd64
secure POP3/IMAP server - LDAP support
ii  dovecot-managesieved                  2:2.2.16-1~auto+56                 amd64
secure POP3/IMAP server - ManageSieve server
ii  dovecot-pop3d                         2:2.2.16-1~auto+56                 amd64
secure POP3/IMAP server - POP3 daemon
ii  dovecot-sieve                         2:2.2.16-1~auto+56                 amd64
secure POP3/IMAP server - Sieve filters support
root at mail:~#

Mihai Badici[1]

--------
[1] http://mihai.badici.ro