[Kolab-devel] kolab and dovecot on ubuntu 14.04 LTS

Mihai Badici mihai at badici.ro
Wed Oct 21 14:56:20 CEST 2015

On Wednesday 21 October 2015 14:35:14 Pietro Vassalli wrote:

I've reinstalled everything, configured dovecot and then installed kolab, so
nothing created before metadata enabled.
You can download this package:
http://mihai.badici.ro/linux/machinet/debian/machinet-debian-1.0.tgz

Extract it somewhere and take a look at the dovecot configuration.
Don't run it because i use a different schema and setup but it can give you
an ideea. I have several servers with metadata support enabled and
working from some time so at least you know it will work. Or, if you feel
brave, you can use my setup but it is not so complete and polished  :)

http://pastebin.com/RH74BF30[1]
I can see an error coming from authentication:
Error: Authenticated user not found from userdb
and, the next:
Internal login failure
I'm astonished... :(

Mihai Badici[2]