[Kolab-devel] Kolab 3.5 release: versioning decisions

Timotheus Pokorra timotheus at kolab.org
Tue Nov 17 08:59:18 CET 2015

Hello all,

we need to decide which versions of the various packages we include in
the release.

Kolab:Development is heading for continuous integration, which is a
good thing because things can get tested immediately.

But that also means, Kolab:Development cannot be used directly as a
source for a stable release provided by the community.

There are several points I want to bring up for discussion:

* should we be using pre-release packages, for example Cyrus-IMAP or roundcube?
I suggest we only use released packages. This would mean we could not
use Roundcube 1.2 from Kolab:Development. Or we need to work with
upstream, and encourage them to release a new package before the next
Kolab community release.
What do you think?

* same goes for the kolab packages. We need to work with Jeroen to get
tags and releases on libkolab, libkolabxml, kolab-webadmin, iRony etc.

* another big point is libcalendaring, kdepimlibs and kf5.
I will start another email thread for that.

Timotheus