[Kolab-devel] Kolab Development packages now requiring a package for composer

Sergio Talens-Oliag sto at iti.es
Wed May 13 15:18:33 CEST 2015

El Wed, May 13, 2015 at 01:59:58PM +0200, Mateusz Kijowski va escriure:
> I think patch command is responsible for the newline (well, it's a binary
> file, not sure how Debian manages those inside a source package)

On the new debian package format (3.0) binary files are usually distributed on
the PACKAGE_VERSION.debian.tar.zx archive.

On previous versions (1.0) binary files were put inside the debian/ directory
in ascii format (i. e. uuencoded) to be able to include them inside the
diff.gz file and the files were recovered by the debian/rules files when
needed.

>From the developers-reference:

  https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/best-pkging-practices.html#changed-binfiles

Greetings,

  Sergio.

--
Sergio Talens-Oliag <sto at iti.es>               <http://www.iti.es/>
Key fingerprint = FF77 A16B 9D09 FC7B 6656 CFAD 261D E19A 578A 36F2