[Kolab-devel] Kolab Development packages now requiring a package for composer

Mateusz Kijowski mateusz.kijowski at gmail.com
Wed May 13 13:49:20 CEST 2015

> > Hello,
>
> Hi,
>
> > In Kolab Development, the packages iRony and kolab-freebusy previously
> > have been built from a tarball that was prepared with composer.
> > With the recent changes, this processing with composer happens during
> > the build of the package.
>
> [...]
>
> > Does anyone have any ideas?
>
> Composer is not available in Debian currently. The canonical way to
> package composer packages in debian is to use pkg-php-tools [1].
>
> If some backported packages are missing, you can ask for them on the
> following mailing list [2]

There's quite a lot of missing dependencies for the composer package
proposal currently in Debian, I tried to follow that route already (but
didn't ask the mailing list).

The thing is that we need the composer package just for the building
process, and don't need to distribute it to end users, I don't think that
building and maintaining lots of backported packages is worth it unless
there's a chance to push them to Debian backports I guess.

Regards,

Mateusz