[Kolab-devel] Questions about tags and description of notes

Ing. Konrad Renner konrad.renner at kolabnow.com
Wed May 13 09:50:51 CEST 2015

Hi everybody,

as you may know, I am writing a little Java lib for processing/syncing
notes via IMAP for an Android app. Thanks to your help, 2 way sync is
now working (SETANNOTATION command works for me).

My first question is about the tagging feature of Kolab notes. As
described here:
http://wiki.kolab.org/User:Mollekopf/Drafts/KEP:17#Note_3 [1] a
kolab.xml for notes can have an XML-Attribute "categories", but when I
sync an XML/mail with this attribute, KolabNow doesn't show the note
anymore. The note/mail itself is on the server, my mail client shows
this note correct as a mail (please have a look at the file
"kolab_tags.xml" in the attachments), also my Java lib can download this
mail and display the note correct and with the tags. So how and where do
I have to specify tags for notes? Is the documentation of the given link
outdated? Or is it a bug in the server software?

The second question to this topic is: Where stores the kolab server
itself tags/categories for notes? When I sync a note, which I tagged via
the webinterface, I cannot find the given tag anywhere (there is no
message header for it and no attribute in the XML)?

The third question is about XML processing on the kolab server: When I
don't add an description to a note, the XML-Attribute tag looks like
this (self-closing): <description/> (please have a look at the file
"kolab_nodescription.xml" in the attachments). Unfortunately the
webinterface displays such a note with the description "undefined". Are
self-closing XML-Attribute tags not supported or is it a bug? Can I find
xsd-files somewhere for the different kolab.xml objects, so that I can
validate the XML files?

Yours,

Konrad

Links: