[Kolab-devel] Kolab Development packages now requiring a package for composer

Timotheus Pokorra timotheus at pokorra.de
Wed May 13 08:20:33 CEST 2015

>> My guess is that dpkg-source is doing some kind of strange magic to ensure
>> the "php textfile" is in the right format or ends with a newline whatever.
>
> There's also the [   59s] running debian transformer... step in
> https://obs.kolabsys.com/package/live_build_log/home:timotheus:branches:Kolab:Development/composer/Debian_8.0/i586
> build log . I think this is also where the newline might get added, but
> perhaps you're right and OBS (ab?)use of dpkg-source is the reason.
The source of debian_transformer is here:
https://github.com/openSUSE/obs-build/blob/master/debtransform
On first sight, I cannot see where the byte is added.

> I don't think that the file is modified in any other way than the added
> newline at the end because of the matching md5 sums. Also the Ubuntu package
> is propably biult right when using Ubuntu toolchain (where the package
> source originates from) and it is safe to assume that the newline doesn't
> get added then. Therefore I would suspect OBS magic.
The Ubuntu package has the composer.phar in the root directory, not in
the debian.tar.gz. That makes things different again.
OBS does not like composer.phar in the root directory of the package.

I have now built composer on my Lightbuildserver, with standard Debian
package commands.
There the file is not modified:
https://lbs.solidcharity.com/logs/tpokorra/composer/composer/master/debian/wheezy/amd64/1

> Perhaps, I guess it would help a lot if we could get the source package
> generated by OBS and inspect it, or add verbosity to the OBS steps. Does
> anyone know how to do that?
I guess I will post the OBS list and see if they have any comments.
I tried to build the composer package on the "official" public OBS,
and it also modifies the file there. So it is nothing special to the
KolabSys OBS.
https://build.opensuse.org/package/live_build_log/home:tpokorra:kolab/composer/Debian_7.0/x86_64

Timotheus