[Kolab-devel] Wallace and Invitation Policies

Sergio Talens-Oliag sto at iti.es
Tue Jan 13 10:35:58 CET 2015

El Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 09:33:56AM +0100, Thomas Brüderli va escriure:
> Hi Sergio
> >
> > I'm working on having a functioning Kolab 3.3 on a Debian server using
> > dovecot 2.2.15 (with the upstream metadata support); I'm not using all the
> > kolab tools, but what I need is almost working.
> >
> > To be able to use the invitation policies module of wallace I've added a
> > dovecot driver to pykolab (it's a quick hack, to distribute it the pykolab
> > imap drivers will need to be reviewed, as there are some assumptions on
> > different places that should be on the cyrus driver but are on the general
> > code, i. e. dovecot does not provide the same namespaces that cyrus does, but
> > there are some checks that expect three namespaces).
> >
> > Anyway, my modified wallace is more or less working, but I have two problems
> > right now:
> >
> > 1. If I set the invitation policy to 'ACT_SAVE_TO_CALENDAR' (on the LDAP user
> > config or as the default policy) the iTip xml file is saved as a message on
> > the default calendar mailbox, but it does not appear on the roundcube
> > interface (if I use 'ACT_TENTATIVE' it is shown); is this a a bug on the
> > roundcube module? if so, has it been detected already or should I send a bug?
>
> The invitations appear in a dedicated calendar "Pending invitations" but
> that needs to be enabled in config (/etc/roundcubemail/calendar.inc.php):
>
>   // show virtual invitation calendars (Kolab driver only)
>   $config['kolab_invitation_calendars'] = true;

Thanks a lot, it works... ¿do you know how other modules handle the pending
invitations? Will they be shown using webdav or activesync or they are simply
ignored?

> It's been made a configuration option because these virtual calendars
> will remain empty if no according invitation policy is set and in such a
> case just add to the confusion of users.

OK, I get it, probably is just a documentation problem

> FWIW: the list of valid values for the invitation policy configuration
> are listed here:
> http://docs.kolab.org/architecture-and-design/mta.html#wallace

Well, I looked at that page but it uses the names with the prefix ALL_ instead
of ACT_ and it did nothing and I ended up looking at the code... ;)

> > 2. I see that no notification is sent if wallace processes an iTip
> > invitation... I would like to be able to receive the iTip message
> > when wallace processes it (for ACT_SAVE_TO_CALENDAR it would be the original
> > message and for ACT_ACCEPT* or ACT_TENTATIVE would be the updated iTip)...
> > ¿should I modify wallace to do it or is there some other way of doing it?
>
> The iTip message would be a copy of an event that was already added to
> your calendar. When further processing it from the calendar view (e.g.
> accept the invitation), we have no means to relate the updated event to
> the iTip invitation message in your inbox.

Hmm, why not? If it is the same iTip won't both of them get the same ID?

I just tried and with the $config['kolab_invitation_calendars'] = true option
I see a POSTPONE option on the iTip message and if I click on it the event it
shows on the pending invitations and the mail message still allows me choose
the option I want (ACCEPT, MAYBE or DECLINE) except the POSTPONE button (it is
disabled now, which makes sense, as the iTip is already on the calendar)

> I understand the use case of getting a notification in your inbox about
> new invitations but that's actually what iTip was meant for in first
> place. Using EVENT_SAVE_TO_FOLDER basically disables the regular iTip
> process.

Well, I've applied the attached patch to my instalation and the behaviour is
the one I wanted using the policy ACT_SAVE_AND_FORWARD... if it does not break
anything else could this or a similar patch be applied upstream?

Thanks in advance,

  Sergio.

--
Sergio Talens-Oliag <sto at iti.es>               <http://www.iti.es/>
Key fingerprint = FF77 A16B 9D09 FC7B 6656 CFAD 261D E19A 578A 36F2