[Kolab-devel] Process Around Kolab 3.4 Release (Book Fri, 15:00 CET)

van Meeuwen, Jeroen jeroen at kolab.org
Fri Feb 13 12:27:02 CET 2015

On 2015-02-13 11:06, Sandro Knauß wrote:
> Hi,
>
> some things we should talk about:
>
> * signing packages. Debian/Ubuntu allows to test the integetry of a
> source
> packages via a dedicated gpg signature.

What is wrong with OBS's signing today?

> * future of libkolab. At the moment we have different kinds of builds
> of
> libkolab one against kdepimlibs and one against libcalendering for
> debian7+,
> ubuntu12.04+. Kontact (kolab-desktop-client) needs the build with
> kdepimlibs,
> so we should make sure that all build for these distros uses kdepimlibs
> build. You can find libkolab build against kdepimlibs on OBS
> (Kontact:Development).

We'll want to compile libkolab against KDE PIM libs where those KDE PIM
libs are of a recent enough version. Think of libcalendaring in this
case like as if it where a bootstrap library, allowing you to build
libcalendaring, then libkolab, then KDE PIM libs to ultimately ditch
libcalendaring and rebuild libkolab (against the KDE PIM libs).

Make sense?

-- Jeroen