[Kolab-devel] Roundcube kolab plugins interfering with 'smart column' feature

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen toke at toke.dk
Thu Feb 5 10:58:37 CET 2015

Hi

I've run into a problem where the Kolab roundcube plugins interfere with
the 'smart column' feature of Roundcube (the feature that determines
whether the 'fromto' column should show From or To addresses, based on
folder name). This manifests itself in the 'Sent' folder showing the
'From' column rather than the 'To' column. I've been able to track down
what happens to the Kolab roundcube plugins changing the active IMAP
folder to the 'Configuration' folder, which in turn confuses the
function that determines which column to display.

This can be fixed by changing Roundcube to get the smart folder name
before calling the plugins; I submitted a pull request here:
https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/pull/264

But since this was rejected, as least in its current form, I thought I'd
post here to get an opinion on whether this should be fixed in
Roundcube, or if the Kolab configuration framework should be changed to
restore the current folder?

Thanks in advance,
-Toke