[Kolab-devel] current state/future of debian packages ?

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Tue Feb 3 12:33:26 CET 2015

On 2015-01-26 08:47, Tobias Brunner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just a short question regarding
>
>> git repositories are public (visible)
>
> Why are they not at github? That would make contributing (Public PRs,
> well
> known workflow for many developers, integrated bug- / tickettracker,
> more
> visibility, ...).

Some of our repositories are at github for precisely this reason --
kolab-docs being a premier example.

Rather than moving everything to github however, we intend to pull
something like github on to some kolab.org infrastructure. GitLab has
been one such candidate, but it has recently been moving to a model we
are not particularly fans of -- features exclusive to a paid-for
enterprise edition that do not seem to be licensed equally freely.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--
Systems Architect, Kolab Systems AG