[Kolab-devel] important news on Kolab Enterprise and Community editions

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at mykolab.com
Tue Dec 15 18:13:38 CET 2015

Hello!

I am excited and pleased to share with you some very big news as we come to
the end of 2015: we here at Kolab Systems have decided to focus on producing
one high-quality set of Kolab releases and packages for all to enjoy, use and
benefit from.

Yes, this means that we are erasing the difference between Enterprise and
Community editions of Kolab, to bring the best of both worlds to, well, the
world!

Jeroen is away in the Netherlands for the holiday season, and I am busy with
assembling year-end retrospectives for us to plan with .. but in January we
will be engaging with community members at large to build a shared roadmap and
figuring out the best way for us all to coordinate release and packaging
efforts.

This should not take the wind out of the sails of the Kolab 3.5 efforts
Timotheus has been spearheading .. in fact, it will put even more wind in them
by bringing all of our efforts together to one end product. Huzzah!

You can read more about this on my blog:

https://exote.ch/blogs/aseigo/2015/12/15/streamlining-the-kolab-release-strategy/

.. which also links to a couple of Jeroen's blog entries on the topic.

The next few blog entries on my blog will cover our plans for a reboot of
kolab.org and partner enablement ... all of this is set to come together in
the first months of 2016 to add some serious horsepower into the Kolab
ecosystem.

Questions, feedback, ideas, etc .. all welcome.. .and look for a Doodle in
early January for scheduling an "all-hands" community meeting around Kolab!

--
Aaron Seigo