[Kolab-devel] [issue4875] Counter proposal sometimes shows wrong actor (RT# 10190)

aheinecke issues at kolab.org
Wed Oct 22 11:34:43 CEST 2014

This is only sometimes reproducable.

Two different clients (both e35)

- User A creates an Event and invites Userb B (everything else left default)
- User B counters.
- User A gets the counter proposal with the message "User A makes this counter
proposal)

In my first test this was not the case. There I got UserB makes this counter
proposal.

The difference between those mails: (aheinecke1 at example.com == User A,
aheinecke3 at example.com == User B)

Good case:
ATTENDEE;RSVP=TRUE;PARTSTAT=NEEDS-ACTION;ROLE=REQ-PARTICIPANT:mailto:
 aheinecke3 at example.com
ATTENDEE;CN="Andre Heinecke";RSVP=FALSE;PARTSTAT=ACCEPTED;
 ROLE=REQ-PARTICIPANT:mailto:aheinecke1 at example.com

Bad case:
ATTENDEE;CN="Andre Heinecke";RSVP=FALSE;PARTSTAT=ACCEPTED;
 ROLE=REQ-PARTICIPANT:mailto:aheinecke1 at example.com
ATTENDEE;RSVP=TRUE;PARTSTAT=NEEDS-ACTION;ROLE=REQ-PARTICIPANT:mailto:
 aheinecke3 at example.com

You can also see this in the code:

if ( replyMeansCounter( event ) ) {
      return i18n( "%1 makes this counter proposal" ).arg( firstAttendeeName(
event, sender ) );
}

I'll check if the RFC defines that in a counter proposal the first attendee is
the countering actor. Otherwise i'll just use the sender identity there.

assignedto: aheinecke
keyword: enterprise35, kde client
messages: 28857
nosy: aheinecke, allen, emanuel
priority: urgent
status: unread
title: Counter proposal sometimes shows wrong actor (RT# 10190)