[Kolab-devel] Postfix, LDAP and resources

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Tue Mar 25 00:45:08 CET 2014

On Monday 24. March 2014 23.54.43 Enrico Tagliavini wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> I have a note to do about wallace: in your config you just disabled
> amavis, which is not a wise idea. But you are right, looking at my
> current config it looks like wallace is disabled from kolab 3.1. May
> be it has still some rough edge to sort out.... with kolab 3.0 I had
> to disable it due to UTF-8 issues. Or this is simply an oversight.
>
> That said if you need it the best way to enable it again is:
>
> # Listener to re-inject email from Amavisd into Postfix
> 127.0.0.1:10025 inet    n   -   n   -       100 smtpd
>     -o content_filter=smtp-wallace:[127.0.0.1]:10026
>
> in master.cf. The idea is the mail is scanned with amavisd reinjected
> into postfix which passes it wallace and again to postfix. In kolab
> 3.0 it was working like that.

Yes, I managed to figure this out myself: I decided to pipe smtp-amavis into
smtp-wallace (exactly as you show using -o content_filter) and it didn't break
anything, which was a surprise.

It's weird that in the master.cf file created using setup-kolab, the smtp-
wallace entry is declared as a "unix" service, but I suppose this doesn't
matter if the details are specified in the content_filter option.

Thanks for the advice!

Paul