[Kolab-devel] New Kontact for windows available?

Thomas Reitelbach tr at erdfunkstelle.de
Wed Mar 12 18:44:35 CET 2014

Am Dienstag, 11. März 2014, 11:33:45 schrieb Torsten Grote:
> On Thursday 20 February 2014 16:28:41 Thomas Reitelbach wrote:
> > I stumble upon my outdated version of Kontact for Windows (which is from
> > 7/2013). One of my problems is, that this old kontact still stores
> > contacts
> > using the  old v2-Format.
>
> This one already supports v3 format:
>
>     http://mirror.kolabsys.com/pub/upload/windows/K3-Kontact-Beta-latest.exe

Hm...
I use this Version for some months now and I usually use the mailbox wizzard
within Kontact to configure the Kolab account. When the wizzard asks for the
URL of the Kolab-Server you can choose if it should use Version V2 or V3 (v3
is set up as default setting).

Of course I always choose v3 for my Kolab 3.1 server, but I see that Kontact
uses v2 regardless of this setting.

On further investigation I found these settings:

Kontact -> Settings -> setup Kontact -> Calendar -> Allgemein (Common in
english?) -> calendar
Here you can configure the Kolab-Ressource and set up which Kolab storage
format should be used for different configured Kolab accounts. Regardless of
the setting in the mailbox wizzard all new kolab ressources always use Version
2 and you have to change it here.
Afterwards Kontact seems to be mostly compatible to the new storage format and
new events/contacts/etc. are beeing stored using version 3.

Is it really only me who encounters this bug?
Or am I doing something wrong?

Bye
Thomas