[Kolab-devel] External LDAP management

Christoph Kreutzer kreutzer.christoph at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 19:57:40 CEST 2014

Hey,

I’ve got a question where I found no information to: I’d like to manage my Kolab users with a self-developed interface over LDAP.

For deletion I thought of this way:
	I crawled through the LDAP schema and found out that kolabDeleteflag should be set to the servers FQDN where the data should be deleted.
	I’m just using a single server, so should I set this value to the systems hostname? Or is the required FQDN somewhere configured in the kolab.conf?
	When this value is correctly set, will the kolabd delete all the user data (mail, etc.) and the entry in the DirSrv at the end?

How is it for creation of users (and groups)?
	Is it sufficient if I create a corresponding entry in the LDAP tree with the kolab* objectClasses? Or do I have to create folders for the mail inbox, etc.?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards
Christoph Kreutzer