[Kolab-devel] XMPP integration in Kolab web client

Thomas Brüderli bruederli at kolabsys.com
Fri Jan 24 10:02:03 CET 2014

Mihai Badici wrote:
> On Thursday 23 January 2014 15:31:00 Thomas Brüderli wrote:
>> Dear all
>>
>> I'd like to introduce you to a possible path how to integrate XMPP into
>> the Kolab web client for those how have a Jabber server running along
>> with their Kolab installation.
>>
>> This is what you need to get started:
>>
>> * A Kolab 3.1 installation with Roundcube 1.0
>
> Did you succeeded to run converse with RC 1.0? It look like the plugin is for
> 0.7.2.

Yes, it definitely works with Roundcube 1.0. Where did you see that
version stated?

> I have this error trying to activate converse in roundcube (but i configured
> only the server address in config.inc.php):
>
> PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function getAttribute() on a non-object in
> /usr/share/roundcubemail-1.0/plugins/converse/php/xmpp-prebind-
> php/lib/XmppPrebind.php on line 127

That looks like an invalid XML response not catched in the prebinding
library. Try to use the old lib with debug mode enabled:

$rcmail_config['converse_xmpp_old_style_prebind'] = true;
$rcmail_config['converse_xmpp_devel_mode'] = true;

Then log out and in again in Roundcube and check the logs at
/var/log/roundcubemail/xmpp. There you should see how far the prebinding
got and what the XMPP server returned.

Kind regards,
Thomas