[Kolab-devel] Kolab and OpenChange

Jiří Kubeš jirka at kubesovi.net
Tue Jan 7 23:53:17 CET 2014

Dne 2014-01-06 13:42, Georg C. F. Greve napsal:
> Would you want to work on this?

Oh, thank you for your offer, but I am not able to do that. I am happy
user and administrator of Kolab, but this is where my skills ends. I´ve
never written any application for Linux and my knowledge of PHP is also
limited. The proposal for integration of OpenChange into Kolab came from
the need of use Kolab as alternation to MS Exchange (in other words from
need to use Outlook as native client without any connectors).
Alternatively, I can only offer testing for this.

> It looks like various other solutions use OpenChange to accommodate
> Outlook.

As I know, at this time OpenChange is integrated in SOGo (which
unfortunately lacks ActiveSync) and Zentyal (www.zentyal.com). If you
decide to implement OpenChange, I think it will be widely used feature,
which make life easier for large number of administrators and users.

Best regards,
Jirka