[Kolab-devel] PHP composer and packaging

Mathieu Parent math.parent at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 14:10:27 CET 2014

Hello all,

[..]

> Or we specify an entirely new way to define and handle PHP library
> dependencies which can work for both development and distribution.
>
> Does anybody have experience with this topic and or even found a nice
> working solution how to deal with PHP packages? Please speak up!
>
> Let's gather the options and stakes on this topic and find a sustainable
> way for the ongoing Kolab development.

I couldnt agree more: composer is for developers and doesn't help much
packagers as it describe dependencies but not file paths.

In the Debian pkg-php team, we have a tool named pkg-php-tools which
converts automatically PEAR/PECL or Composer deps to Debian deps. It
also ensure files are installed in the right place (PEAR/PECL only).

[]: http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-php/pkg-php-tools.git;a=blob;f=debian/README.PEAR

Regards

--
Mathieu

NB: I don't do the kolab packaging in Debian anymore.