[Kolab-devel] caldav backend to calender plugin

Daniel Morlock daniel.morlock at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 10:45:24 CET 2014

On 2014-02-05 18:29, btb wrote:
> On 2014.02.05 04.21, Daniel Morlock wrote:
>> Hi Ben,
>>
>> thanks for trying the CalDAV plugin! There were indeed some issues
>> when
>> using the CalDAV or iCAL driver without the Kolab driver.
>> These issues should be fixed in the recent version, tagged with
>> roundcubemail-plugins-kolab-caldav-3.1.11.
>> You can get this version from our Gitlab as follows:
>>
>> $ git clone https://gitlab.awesome-it.de/kolab/roundcube-plugins # You
>> can skip this since you've done this already!
>> $ cd roundcube-plugins
>> $ git pull
>> $ git checkout roundcubemail-plugins-kolab-caldav-3.1.11
>
> thanks, 3.1.11 seems to be working a bit better [and thanks very much
> for this contribution - it's a bit of a cornerstone to the possibility
> of implementing kolab for us].  one brief note - from calendar.php,
> $driver = $this->get_drivers()[0]; seems to not work prior to php 5.4.
> i changed it to $driver = array_shift($this->get_drivers()); which
> seems to work ok, but i'm quite ignorant of any considerations for
> style or other implications.
>
> a couple of elements that seem to not be working quite right so far:
>
> upon adding a new caldav calendar, the interface says "successfully
> saved", but it doesn't appear to ever contact the caldav server.  no
> events appear, and i don't see any activity in the caldav server logs.
>
> if i try to add an event, it says "failed to save changes".  i don't
> see any messages in either the roundcube logs or the httpd logs, and i
> don't see any activity in the logs on the caldav server.
>
> if i do $rcmail_config['calendar_driver'] = array('caldav', 'ical',
> 'database', 'kolab');, php complains "Call to undefined method
> kolab_storage::folder_hierarchy() in
> /usr/share/roundcubemail/plugins/calendar-awesome-it.de/drivers/kolab/kolab_driver.php
> on line 113"
>
> if i do $rcmail_config['calendar_driver'] = array('caldav', 'ical',
> 'database');, then add a new caldav calendar, the interface says
> "successfully saved", but if i then edit the calendar, it appears to
> be a non caldav calendar - only name, color, show alarms items appear
> in properties.  no url, credentials, etc.  if i then remove database
> from the array and reload the page, the caldav settings return to the
> properties window.
>
> i'm sorry i'm offering only lists of problems and no contributions of
> solutions - i'm still quite early on in the learning curve, both with
> kolab as well as with php.  :)
>
> -ben

Hi Ben,

I changed the lines in generate_randomdata() to use the driver specified
in GPC e.g.
http://<roundcubeurl>/?_task=calendar&_action=randomdata&_num=500&_driver=<driver>.
Please note that we never tested the random data generator!

Further we also never tested the database driver. It should work, but
there could be still some problems with the ical and caldav driver that
extend the database driver. What we've tested is caldav+ical+kolab or
caldav+ical.

Next, you might want to add $config['calendar_caldav_debug'] = true; to
the calendar config in order to enable verbose debug messages to the
console log.
The error message that complains about undefined
kolab_storage::folder_hierarchy() looks like a version problem. Do you
use roundcubemail-plugins-kolab-3.1.11? You could replace your Roundcube
Kolab plugins with those from our Gitlab so make sure you have the
correct version. The kolab_storage::folder_hierarchy() is located in
plugins/libkolab/lib/kolab_storage.php.

Regards,
Daniel.